- Studio hours are by appointment only. Appointments should be made at least 48 hours in advance. Please estimate the amount of time you will need and schedule accordingly. We may be able to accommodate clients on short notice, however additional fees may apply.
- To book a session we ask that you provide us with the following information:
- Type of service (mix mastering, music recording session, audio advertisement or production).
- An estimate of the amount of time you will need.
- For music recording sessions we also need to know:
- Type of music.
- Solo act or number of members in a group.
- What instruments are being used or if you are bringing in prerecorded tracks.
- Approximate release date, if applicable.
- There is a 2 hour minimum for all recording sessions.
- There is a $50.00 booking retainer for all clients.
- It is the responsibility of the client to notify the studio of a cancellation or change in scheduling 24 hours before the scheduled session. Bookings canceled or rescheduled without at least 24 hours advanced notice must be paid for in full before any other services (recording, mixing, mastering, etc.) are provided.
- Payment may be made by cash, personal / company check or money order. Payment for recording sessions are due at the beginning of the session. If you should require more time and we are able to accommodate extending the session, the additional time must be paid in full at the end of the session.
- Payment for mixing and mastering must be made in full before the final production is released to the client.
- Any outstanding balance must be paid in full before additional sessions can be booked.
- For projects that require extensive production time, such as full length albums or radio ready productions, one of our engineers will provide a rough estimate of time required to complete the project and a retainer agreement to be signed by the client. Any additional time and materials must be paid in full before the final production is released to the client. Any unused production time paid for in advance will be returned to the client when the final production is released.
- Booking retainers are not refundable. Credit will be issued for 12 months from the date of payment. Any credit remaining after 12 months will be forfeited. Booking retainers for sessions rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance will be applied to the rescheduled session as long as the session is rescheduled within the 12 months from the date of payment.
- When a client books a session we adjust our work schedule accordingly and reserve the studio for that client. We do our best to be flexible, but ask that clients arrive at their scheduled time as there is often multiple sessions scheduled for the same day.
- If the studio is available you may start setting up prior to your scheduled start time. Please contact the engineer the day before your session to determine if an early setup is possible. We do not charge for setup, however if you arrive late to your session it should be understood that we bill you from the beginning of your scheduled time regardless of what time you arrive.
- Provided you have arrived on time, recording time begins when the engineer starts starts importing any prerecorded tracks (if applicable) or working with you getting levels, and ends when you indicate you are finished and the equipment is no longer in use. If a session is being transferred, the session continues until the transfer has finished.
- Use of the studio instruments and equipment (including but not limited to microphones, effects pedals and amps) is included with recording session fees.
- Clients are responsible for any loss or damage to studio equipment incurred as a result of misuse, negligence, and or carelessness.
- Any time lost due to studio equipment failure will not be included in a client’s session time. The studio’s liability is limited to the value of the studio time lost.
- Cell phones should be not be taking into the live room as they may interfere with the recording equipment.
- Loud conversations and phone calls should be taken outside of the building.
- All staff members are to be treated with respect and any requests made by the engineers or other staff during sessions are to be honored.
- Abusive and/or intimidating language is not conducive to the creative environment we have worked to maintain and will not be tolerated.
- The client is allowed to have up to 2 guests (people not actively involved in the recording session), but the client is responsible for these guests. If a guest is disruptive to a session, he/she will be asked to leave.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Any client or guest of a client found to be engaging is such behavior deemed unprofessional by studio staff will be grounds for removal of said person or persons from the property and immediate termination of the session and loss of future use of the studio. In the event of termination of the session due to such causes, there will be no refund of monies paid by the client. The studio’s staff will make the final judgment in such situations.